Teenagers Fight for a Better Future – level 1
Ambrose Hayes comes from Australia. He is fifteen years old. He is not happy with the Australian government.
Hayes and many young Australians are angry. The Australian government does not try to stop climate change. The government does not give money to clean businesses. It gives money to mining companies. These companies make the climate change worse.
Young people worry about their future. However, they are too young to vote. They must protest. The government is not listening to them.
Young people around the world protest. They want a happy future. They want clean air and water. They ask governments to stop the climate change. They do not go to school on Fridays. They clean beaches. They try to speak to government officers.
Difficult words: climate change (when the Earth is warming, and it makes the weather change), mining (a business that gets things from the Earth), protest (to show and say that you are angry to your government), vote (to officially choose a politician or government official or a political party).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.