Teenagers kill Brianna Ghey – level 1
One year ago, two British teenagers, Scarlett Jenkinson, and Eddie Ratcliffe, kill Brianna Ghey. They kill her in a park. The killing is very brutal.
Brianna Ghey is a 16-year-old transgender girl. The judge says that they hurt Brianna a lot because of that. Scarlett will stay in prison for at least 22 years, and Eddie for 20 years. The judge warns that they may never leave if they are still dangerous.
Scarlett plans the murder. She just wants to kill. She has a list of people to kill. She is interested in serial killers. Scarlett also wants to keep parts of Brianna’s body. The judge says that this is a terrible crime.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
"How did the judge's decision to sentence Scarlett and Eddie for longer periods of time reflect the severity of their crime? What warning did the judge give about their potential danger?"
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.