Tesla car crash – level 2
One week ago, a semi-automated Tesla car crashed into a tree in Texas, US. Local media said that the car was going very fast and it went off the road.
It crashed into a tree and it started to burn. Firefighters extinguished the fire, and it was clear that there was no driver in the car. One man was sitting in the front passenger seat, and one man was sitting in the back of the car. Both men died in the accident.
There were more accidents of Tesla cars recently. Tesla’s CEO, Elon Musk, said in January that he planned to make a new software. This software would drive the car itself, without any help of the driver. These recent accidents could change Musk’s plans.
Difficult words: semi-automated (when a person and a machine work together), extinguish (to stop a fire), front passenger seat (the place next to the driver where another person can sit).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos