Tesla Model 3 – level 1
Tesla is an American company. It makes electric cars. The cars are not cheap.
Tesla introduces a new car. It calls it the Tesla Model 3. The car costs 35,000 dollars. It is much cheaper than the other Teslas.
Many people want the Model 3. They pay 1,000 dollars to reserve it. However, they must wait for the car. They can buy it in late 2017.
Tesla plans to make 500,000 cars a year.
The car is fast. It can go from 0 to 96 kilometres per hour in 6 seconds. It can go 350 kilometres per charge.
Difficult words: company (business), reserve (to make sure they can have the car as soon as possible), per charge (per charged batteries – batteries fully of electricity/power).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.