Tesla opens its first factory in Europe – level 1
Last week, the company Tesla opens its first factory in Europe. The factory is near Berlin, Germany. Tesla has factories on all continents or large areas now.
Tesla’s CEO Elon Musk travels to Germany. He gives the first 30 cars to customers. He is happy and he dances.
The cars are Model Y. It is an electric car. It uses a battery. It can travel 514 kilometers without charging. The car costs 70,590 dollars.
3,500 people work in the factory now. The number will be 12,000 in the future. Tesla will make 500,000 electric cars in Germany every year.
It is more than Volkswagen makes. Volkswagen is a German carmaker. It makes 450,000 electric cars last year.
Difficult words: customer (a person who buys something), charge (to store electrical energy in a battery), carmaker (a company which makes cars).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos