Thai police find a camp – level 1
Thai police find a camp. It is a trafficking camp. It is in a jungle.
The police find two dead bodies. They also find around 30 graves. One man is alive. People take him to hospital.
The dead people were migrants. They were from Myanmar and Bangladesh. They wanted to live in Thailand. Thousands of migrants come to Thailand every year.
Traffickers traffic the migrants. They are not nice to them. They kill many migrants.
Difficult words: traffic (to move something from one country to another illegally), grave (a hole in the ground for a dead person), were (past of “are”), migrant (a person who is moving to another country).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.