Thailand Protests – level 2
People in Thailand protested against the government. The movement started five months ago, and they wanted to change the constitution.
They also wanted the prime minister to leave his job. The Thai prime minister got to power in 2014 with the help of military.
During the protests, police fired at people, and they injured at least 50 of them. Police also used tear gas and water cannons, and protesters used big pool ducks to protect against the water cannons. The yellow ducks became a symbol of the protests.
Last week, thousands of people gathered in Bangkok. They protested against police violence. They met outside the police headquarters and they tried to damage the building.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.