The coffin of Miguel de Cervantes – level 1
Miguel de Cervantes was a writer. He lived in Spain. He wrote a book. The book is very famous. Its name is “Don Quixote”.
Experts find a coffin. The letters “MC” are written on it. The coffin can be Cervantes’ coffin. However, experts are not sure. We must wait for more information. The coffin is in a small church in Madrid.
Difficult words: was/were (past for is/are), wrote (past of “to write”), coffin (a long box for a dead person).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Have you read Don Quixote?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.