The Coldest Village in the World – level 2
If you are tired of the cold winter, think about the residents of a Russian town who say that they live in the coldest town on Earth. Their town is called Oymyakon and it lies deep in Siberia. The temperatures there very often drop to minus 60.
These local people say that these low temperatures sometimes last for ten days in a row.
There is another amazing thing in their town. It is a horse that survives in these low temperatures. The horse is small but perfectly formed for cold winters.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this village?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.