The Cranberries’ Dolores O’Riordan – level 2
The Cranberries is an Irish rock band. The band’s lead singer Dolores O’Riordan died at a hotel in London. She was 46. Police are treating her death as ‘unexplained’ at the moment.
The singer was known for her distinctive voice. She became an award-winning artist when she was just 18, and she sold tens of millions of records. Some of The Cranberries’ biggest hits include the songs ‘Zombie’, ‘Ode To My Family’ and ‘Linger’.
Difficult words: treat (think of), distinctive (special, typical), award (something which is given to somebody for being very good at something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos