The First Folio – level 2
The First Folio is a book with 36 plays by William Shakespeare. It includes the most famous ones, such as Hamlet and Romeo and Juliet.
People first published the book seven years after Shakespeare’s death. There are only 230 copies of this book. That means that this book is extremely valuable.
One copy of it was lying in a library in France for 200 years. Nobody knew about its existence until a librarian accidentally found it. The library took great care of the book, as it is really special. Now people move the book back to the UK.
Difficult words: valuable (very important and worth a lot of money), existence (to be in the world), librarian (a person who works in a library).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like William Shakespeare's plays?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos