The future of a steak – level 2
With a 50% increase in protein demand by 2050, Micro Harvest is exploring alternative protein production methods.
The company focuses on biotechnology and microorganisms in a closed system called a Bioreactor. They successfully change non-protein substances into protein. The company’s special process takes only one day. They make a product which has a savory taste without any bad feeling in your mouth after you eat it.
The company can produce large amounts of protein. They plan to sell their protein powder to factories which produce fish and pet food. Later, they wish to make food for people, too.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What is the unique process that Micro Harvest utilizes, and what industries do they plan on selling their protein powder to in the future?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.