The Great Barrier Reef – level 1
This news is about the Great Barrier Reef. It is a beautiful place.
A lot of animals live at the reef. It is in Australia. An organisation protects the reef. It decides to make a video. People put a camera on a turtle. The turtle swims in the water. It films a beautiful video.
The organisation shows the video to people. These people decide that they want to protect the reef. They tell Australia to protect it.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the Great Barrier Reef?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.