The Great Replacement Theory – level 3
A theory once lived on the dark web; it says that White Americans are being replaced by nonwhites. However, some media are sharing it, and some Republican politicians support it.
Black worshippers at a church, Hispanic shoppers at a supermarket, and Jewish worshipers at a synagogue were victims of US mass shootings. Last weekend, the people killed at a grocery store were in a mostly black neighborhood. All of them were targets of gunmen who shared racist fears of the theory to replace White people.
The suspect in the recent shooting wrote a 180-page manifesto. He explained that immigration, interracial marriage, and a race war were replacing White people.
Experts say that we cannot stop the spread of hateful information; however, public disapproval of racist rhetoric is the first step to stop it.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.