The heaviest man dies – level 1
This news is about a man. He is the heaviest man in the world. He weighs 560 kilograms. That is like a small car.
The man lives in the USA. He eats pizza and burgers there. His job is to repair computers. The man moves back to Mexico. He eats tacos there.
The man has problems with his heart. His heart does not beat normally. The man goes to hospital. He dies. He is 394 kilos heavy when he dies.
Difficult words: weigh (be heavy), beat (work).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you happy with your weight?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos