The Internet Satellites – level 2
This week, Elon Musk’s company, SpaceX, launched a rocket into space. It was the 9th part of the Starlink mission, and the rocket carried 60 satellites.
Starlink is a network of 50,000 satellites, that will bring the Internet to all parts of the world. Elon Musk wants the Internet to be cheap and reliable. Some people do not have the Internet because they cannot afford it or because there is no Internet where they live. Musk said that his Internet would be for all people in the world.
Many astronomers worry that when Starlink satellites pass in front of telescopes, they will change the quality of astronomical images and observations.
Difficult words: afford (to have enough money to buy something), telescope (an instrument that people use to watch objects in the sky or to watch things that are very far away), astronomical (related to astronomy, the study of stars, planets, and other objects in space), observation (when people watch something carefully).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.