The Internet Satellites – level 3
It has been two weeks since Elon Musk’s spaceflight company, SpaceX, and NASA launched two astronauts into space, and SpaceX has already launched another rocket.
This is the 9th mission in support of the constellation of network of satellites, known as Starlink. This week, the rocket Falcon 9 carried 60 satellites into Earth’s orbit, which will help provide Internet services to people who are not yet connected. Musk hopes that the satellites will bring reliable and affordable Internet to remote areas on Earth.
However, several astronomers have raised concerns that the satellites could pass in front of telescopes, and they would obscure professional astronomical images. With the huge amount of about 50,000 new artificial satellites planned to be launched, this will inevitably affect astronomers’ work.
Difficult words: constellation (a large group of something such as stars), affordable (something that most people have enough money to buy), obscure (to keep something from being seen well), inevitably (certain to happen).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.