The most expensive fries in the world – level 1
A famous restaurant in New York, US, serves the most expensive fries in the world.
The potatoes are high-quality. The chef boils them quickly in French champagne. Then, he fries them with French goose fat. He tops them with truffle salt and truffle oil.
Guests eat the fries from a crystal plate. The chef puts gold on the top. Guests can eat the gold, too.
The fries cost 200 dollars. Many guests want to try them. The restaurant is booked for the next two months. The restaurant also makes the most expensive milkshake, sandwich, and cake in the past.
Difficult words: serve (to give a food or drink to someone), high-quality (something very good), truffle (a very expensive mushroom which grows in some places, and dogs or pigs help find it), book (to make a plan to visit somewhere).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.