The most expensive fries in the world – level 3
The iconic Serendipity 3 restaurant in New York, US, is serving the world’s most expensive fries.
The restaurant just set a new Guinness World Record for crafting the most expensive fries in honor of National French Fry Day, and now, the dish is available for anyone willing to splurge. The luxurious dish is made with high-quality potatoes that have been blanched in Dom Pérignon Champagne. The fries are cooked with pure goose fat from southwest France, they’re seasoned with truffle salt, and they’re tossed in truffle oil. The dish’s served on a crystal plate, topped with truffle cheese, dotted with black truffles and sprinkled with 23-karat edible gold dust.
The restaurant that recently reopened after a year of rebuilding also holds the titles for the most expensive milkshake, most expensive sandwich, and most expensive dessert.
Difficult words: splurge (to spend a lot of money), blanch (to put food into boiling water for a short time), truffle (a strong-smelling underground fungus that’s found in places such as France, and it’s considered luxurious because it’s rare).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.