The new iPhone – level 2
The iPhone is a popular phone, and recently Apple launched the newest model – the iPhone 6s.
Thousands of people around the world queued up in front of Apple Stores to get the phone as soon as possible. One woman could not leave work to get the iPhone, so her boss told her to use a robot, and she did! The robot was waiting in the line instead of her.
The new iPhone has better cameras and it features 3D touch. 3D touch knows how hard you press on the display of the iPhone.
Difficult words: launch (to start selling), queue up to (take one’s place in a queue – a line), feature (to have).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you want the new iPhone?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.