The US Attacks Syria – level 1
In Syria, there is an attack with chemical weapons. Many people die. The US reacts.
It attacks Syria by air. It attacks President Assad’s military bases for the first time. This upsets some Syrian Americans.
In New York people protest against America’s reaction. The protesters are not happy with Donald Trump. They vote for him. He promises not to be a policeman for the world. He promises to stay in America.
However, a lot of Syrian Americans welcome President Trump’s actions. One of them hopes that this action can end President Assad’s leadership in Syria. He thinks that the United States is trying to help people in Syria.
Difficult words: military bases (a place where for a country’s army), weapons (objects used in a fight or a war like a gun, a knife, or a bomb), vote for (choose for).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.