The US needs more soybean oil – level 1
The United States wants more soybean oil because of clean fuel rules. This will make it hard for them to send soybean oil to other countries.
The amount of soybean oil which the US sells is the most in 2009/2010. It is 1.5 million tons. Between 2010 and 2021, it is about 1.0 million tons. But in 2022, they only sell 2 million tons of soybean oil. They also buy more soybean oil than they sell. So now they are getting soybean oil from other countries for the first time.
People in the United States are using more soybean oil for eco-friendly projects. This means that countries like China will buy less oil and more soybeans to make soybean oil in their own country.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of this situation for other countries?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.