The US President Has Coronavirus – level 3
On Thursday last week, the US president Donald Trump and First Lady Melania Trump tested positive for the coronavirus.
On the same day, Trump made an announcement on his Twitter account that they would both begin their quarantine and recovery process immediately and that they were feeling good.
However, on Friday, Trump was flown to hospital because doctors wanted to be extra careful, and they said that Trump would stay there for the next few days. Trump’s symptoms included fever; however, he did not require any supplemental oxygen. He was treated with an experimental drug cocktail injection and the antiviral medication Remdesivir, which disrupts the virus’s ability to duplicate and can stop how long the symptoms take.
Trump, being 74, and categorized as obese, is at a higher risk category for COVID-19. In exactly one month, Trump faces Joe Biden in the US presidential election.
Difficult words: drug cocktail (a mixture of drugs or medicines), disrupt (to destroy the structure of something), duplicate (to make an exact copy).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos