The world’s biggest orchestra – level 1
More than 12,000 musicians meet in Caracas, Venezuela. They want to make a new world record for the biggest orchestra.
All the musicians are in Venezuela’s national orchestras. They are between 12 and 77 years old. Their concert is one hour long. All the musicians play together for only about 10 minutes.
More than 250 people watch them. They are from the Guinness World Records. Every person watches a group of musicians. They see if all the musicians follow the rules. The Guinness World Record will say in 10 days if the musicians have a new record.
The musicians play ’Slavonic March’. It is music by Russian Pyotr Tchaikovsky. Tchaikovsky writes it in 1876. He writes it for a concert for people. These people die in the war between Serbia and Turkey.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.