The world´s longest footbridge – level 3
The world´s longest suspended footbridge has just opened in northern Portugal.
The Arouca Bridge is 516 meters, and it hangs above the River Paiva, and the area is renowned as a natural paradise with its many waterfalls and green hills. The new bridge is made of steel cables that narrow slightly in the middle and they hang between two immense concrete pillars. The bottom is transparent and although not everyone will enjoy that, visitors can also see through the steel on the sides which gives the bridge a completely open character.
It takes at least 10 minutes to walk across, and up to 100 walkers will be allowed to cross it at the same time. However, the footbridge is not for the faint-hearted because it´s 175 meters above the ground.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.