The world’s oldest skydiver – level 2
Dorothy Hoffner from Chicago, the United States, will celebrate her 105th birthday soon. Recently, she jumped from an airplane with a parachute, and she described it as a wonderful and delightful experience.
But here comes the thing, Hoffner plans other adventures. Despite her age, she’s already looking forward to her next thrill. She’s considering a ride in a hot air balloon, which is something she never tried before.
Hoffner is brave and curious, and she could be an inspiration to all of us. She proves that age is just a number and we are never too old to fulfill our dreams.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What dream do you have that you are determined to fulfill no matter your age?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.