The X-Project – level 2
The X-Project is a special event for people who love extreme sports. For many years, some of the world’s best athletes wanted to get together in one event which would combine different sports.
The X-Project took place in the beautiful Swiss mountains and there were athletes who did windsurfing, speed riding, snowboarding, and snowkiting. They got to the top of a mountain in a helicopter and their task was to get down. Some athletes said that they were scared because they never did anything like this before. They were very excited, too.
Filmmakers made a film about the event. The film was full of amazing images of the beautiful mountains, and it showed the sports from a completely new view.
Difficult words: combine (to put more different things together), speed riding (a sport in which a person uses a paraglider and skis), snowkiting (a sport in which a person uses skis or a snowboard and a kite).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.