The X-Project – level 3
Different sports have combined for the X-Project, a daredevil hybrid event in the breathtaking snowy landscape of the Engadin Mountains in Switzerland.
The X-Project is an old dream has been planned in the making for years. At the heart of it, it´s windsurfing in powder snow alongside speed riding, snowboarding, and snowkiting.
Athletes were taken on the top of the mountain in a helicopter, and they had to use their own particular skills to reach the bottom. The project brought together the world´s best athletes, including a professional windsurfer and world champion, Balz Muller. Muller said that he always chased the rush of adrenaline, the speed, and fear of trying something new.
The X-Project film was shot in the dreamy mountains, creating amazing and never-before-seen images that showed fascinating angles and maneuvers, and they opened up new dimensions in winter sports.
Difficult words: daredevil (a person who enjoys doing dangerous things), adrenaline (a chemical substance produced by the body when a person is frightened, angry, or excited), maneuver (a skillful movement).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.