Theresa May’s End – level 2
Theresa May is the British Prime Minister, and she recently gave a speech. She said that she is going to leave office on June 7th.
In her speech, she said that Britain is under stress. However, there are many good things about the country, and there is so much to be proud and optimistic about.
She said that serving as prime minister was the honour of her life. After Margaret Thatcher, she was the second female prime minister. She thinks that she will not be the last.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.