Three Suns in the Sky – level 2
A rare phenomenon appeared in Mongolia. It looked like there were three suns in the sky! The sun in the middle was real. The two other suns on the left and on the right were the sun’s smaller reflections.
This phenomenon appears only in very specific conditions. The temperature must be lower than -30°C and the air must be filled with clouds and vapour.
Difficult words: phenomenon (something rare which happens in nature), reflection (an image that is a copy of something, vapour (a mass of very small drops of water in the air).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever seen anything like this in your life?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos