Tiger eats a cow – level 3
This video footage released by China’s Jilin Forestry Department shows a wild Siberian tiger feeding on an ox.
On Tuesday, the day marking Global Tiger Day, the tiger was caught using a far-infrared camera.
It is the first time that China has caught the moment of a wild Siberian tiger feeding on its prey.
The feeding happened near a pasture and the Hunchun National Siberian Tiger Nature Reserve in China’s Hunchun City.
Wildlife experts believe that the video shows the population of wild Siberian tigers is increasing and the species’ range of activity is expanding.
Wild Siberian tigers are the first-class nationally-protected animals. Fewer than 500 are believed to survive in the wild, with an estimated 18 to 22 in the Heilongjiang and Jilin provinces in China.
Difficult words: feed (eat), ox (cow), prey (animal which is eaten by another animal), pasture (land covered with grass).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos