Time of Smartphones – level 1
A lot of people have smartphones. Some people spend too much time on their phones. This may be a bad thing. Some people use their phones for up to five hours a day.
When you are on your phone all of the time, you do not have time for other things. You chat with people instead of talking to them, for example.
Google makes the Android operating system. Apple makes the iOS for iPhones. Google and Apple introduce new operating systems. The new software tells you how much time you spend on your phone. You can also see what you do. This can help you spend less time.
You can also set limits. When you reach a limit, the phone tells you to do something else.
Difficult words: may (can), introduce (show people for the first time), reach (get to).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
How much time do you spend on your smartphone?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos