Tina Turner dies – level 1
Tina Turner is a famous American singer. She dies last week. She is 83 years old.
Turner starts singing in the 1950s. She becomes very popular in the 1980s. Her song ‘What’s Love Got to Do with It’ is a big hit. Turner has a difficult marriage with a guitar player named Ike Turner. He behaves very badly to her. Turner became successful. She wins many awards. She has many popular songs. In the 1980s, she has a concert in Rio de Janeiro. 180,000 people are at the concert.
When Turner’s marriage ends, she focuses on her solo career.
She has a great voice. Her concerts are amazing. There are many films and a documentary about Turner’s life.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What impact has Tina Turner had on popular music?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.