Tina Turner dies – level 2
Tina Turner, a famous American singer, died at the age of 83.
She started her career in the 1950s and became popular in the 1980s. Her song ‘What’s Love Got to Do with It’ was a big hit. Turner had a difficult marriage with guitarist Ike Turner, but she managed to overcome the abuse and become successful. She won Grammy Awards and had many songs in the Top 40. In the 1980s, she had a concert in Rio de Janeiro which 180,000 people attended.
After her divorce, Turner focused on her solo career. She had a special voice and people loved her powerful performances. There are several movies, a stage show, and a documentary about Turner’s life.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think were the major factors that enabled Tina Turner to become successful?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.