Tired Eyes – level 1
The coronavirus is in many countries. People must stay in their homes. They spend a lot of time in front of their TV or computer. It is not good for the eyes.
Experts say that our eyes can get tired. We do not blink so often when we stare at a screen. Our eyes get dry and red. We cannot see well. We have headaches.
It is good to follow a 20-20-20 rule. When we look at a screen for 20 minutes, we should look away for 20 seconds. It is good to look at something 20 feet away. Then our eyes can relax. Reading glasses can also help. Eye drops help tired eyes, too.
Difficult words: blink (to close and open the eyes quickly), stare (when we look at something for a long time, and our eyes do not move), eye drops (medicine that people put in their eyes).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos