Titanosaur in New York – level 1
Titanosaurs lived 100 million years ago. They lived in Argentina. They ate plants. They were 70 tonnes heavy. That is like ten elephants. People find a titanosaur. They move it to New York. The dinosaur goes into a museum.
It is in a hall. It is longer than the hall. It does not fit inside completely. Its neck and its head run through the doorway into another room.
Every year, five million people visit this museum.
Difficult words: ate (past of “eat”), doorway (a space in a wall to walk through and where a door goes).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Would you like to see the Titanosaur skeleton?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos