Tokyo airport crash – level 2
A Japan Airlines plane collided with a coastguard plane at Tokyo’s Haneda airport.
It is a miracle that all 379 passengers and 12 crew members escaped without being seriously hurt. Sadly, five passengers of the coastguard plane died in the incident. The planes collided on the runway, and the commercial jet caught fire. Passengers panicked, but they all successfully evacuated. Experts were excited that all the passengers got out of the plane. Now, officials will investigate why the planes collided and they will focus on communication between air traffic control and the planes.
The coastguard plane was on a mission to help earthquake victims. After the incident, the airport stopped all domestic flights.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What factors do you think contributed to the successful evacuation of all passengers from the Japan Airlines plane?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.