Tokyo airport crash – level 3
A Japan Airlines Airbus A350-900 collided with a coastguard plane at Tokyo’s Haneda airport, resulting in a miraculous escape for all 379 passengers and 12 crew members.
The coastguard plane’s five out of six occupants perished. The collision occurred on the runway and caused the commercial jet to burst into flames. Despite the chaos, passengers evacuated through inflatable slides, with some sustaining minor injuries. Witnesses and experts marveled at the successful evacuation, calling it a miracle. Investigations are underway to determine the cause, focusing on communication between air traffic control and the planes.
The coastguard plane was on a relief mission to aid earthquake victims. The incident prompted the suspension of domestic flights at the airport.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What are some potential factors that could have led to the collision between the Japan Airlines A350 and the coastguard plane?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.