Tokyo micro-apartments – level 2
In the Japanese capital Tokyo, the so-called micro-apartments are a popular place for young people to live.
These apartments have just nine square meters and they are very simple. There are very few amenities and very little space to keep just everything you need. Monthly rent is 380 to 610 dollars, and it depends on where exactly in Tokyo the apartment is.
Micro-apartments are so popular with young people because they don’t have enough money for a bigger apartment. Many people come to live in Tokyo from other towns and they need a cheap place to stay. One benefit is that landlords don’t usually ask for any deposit.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What are some of the advantages and disadvantages of living in a micro-apartment?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.