Toni Morrison – level 3
Nobel Prize-winning author Toni Morrison died at age 88, and her family said that she passed away peacefully surrounded by loved ones following a “short illness.”Her son and three grandchildren survive her.
In 1970, Toni Morrison published her first book The Bluest Eye when she was almost 40, but her career soon took off and she became very successful. Her novels depict the black American experience and heritage, often focusing on rural life in the South.
In all, she wrote 11 novels, as well as children’s books and collections of essays. She is probably best known for her novel Beloved for which she won the Pulitzer Prize for fiction in 1988. In 1993, Morrison received the award for the Nobel Prize in Literature becoming the first black woman to win a Nobel Prize.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.