Too many mice in Australia – level 3
Australia´s rushing to legalize a dangerous poison in a bid to wipe out a plague of mice.
Millions of rodents have been destroying crops and stored grain across the country´s south-east. It´s a cruel blow to farmers in a region that´s already ravaged by wildfires, floods, and drought. According to the Agriculture Minister Adam Marshall, Australia was at a critical point and if the country didn´t significantly reduce the number of mice by spring, it would cause an absolute economic and social crisis in rural and regional New South Wales.
The state government´s ordered 5,000 liters of the banned poison Bromadiolone from India; however, critics fear that it could kill not only mice but also the animals that prey on them in the wild.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.