Toy Saves a Boy’s Life – level 1
A boy is sick. Doctors say that he has a bad headache. His mother thinks that it is something else. Her son acts differently. He is angry. He vomits at night.
He draws a picture on his Etch-A-Sketch. He draws the pain in his head. His mother takes a picture of the drawing. She shows it to the doctors.
Doctors do a brain scan on the boy. They find a deadly brain tumour. They do an operation. The boy is now getting better at home.
Difficult words: Etch-A-Sketch (a toy where you can draw a picture and then erase it), brain scan (a way to look inside your brain to find what is there), brain tumour (when your body grows a thing in your head that is bad for you).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.