Toyota Lego model – level 3
In the United Arab Emirates, a Toyota dealership commissioned a gigantic and incredibly real-looking Lego version of Toyota’s famous Land Cruiser SUV.
People built the model from 440,000 pieces, and it took the team of 12 people 2,688 hours to create. It has the same dimensions as the real car, and it weighs over 2,000 kilograms, which is not far from the real Land Cruiser’s 2,500 kilograms. Everything including the windows, tires, and little Toyota logos are found throughout the car and are made from Lego bricks. The headlights and taillights are even illuminated from an inside light.
The Land Cruiser follows in the fine tradition of other life-size Lego cars, and the model is on display next to the real thing in a Dubai Mall until December 15.
Difficult words: dealership (a business that has permission to sell products for a particular company), commission (to order or allow the production of something), illuminate (to make something visible or bright by shining light on it).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.