Train almost hits a man – level 3
In Victoria, Australia, CCTV captured the moment that a train nearly hit a man, as it traveled at around 88 kilometres per hour.
The customer walked onto the train line without paying attention and made it to the edge of the opposite platform before hearing the train, as the driver sounded his horn and applied the emergency brake.
Although it was too late to stop the train completely, the driver’s evasive measures meant that the foolish man had just enough time to get out of the way of the fast-moving vehicle.
One witness could not bear to watch – as she saw the incident unfold, she put her face against a fence so she could not see.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What could have been the consequence if the driver had not reacted so quickly?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.