Train almost hits two women – level 3
Two Indiana women are lucky to be alive after they were run over by a coal train when they found themselves trapped on a railroad bridge.
This incredible video footage shows the women literally running for their lives before laying down in the middle of the tracks.
The train, which has a mere ten inches of clearance above the railroad ties, miraculously passes harmlessly over them.
After the train stopped, both women stood up and ran away and apparently the only injury was a stubbed toe.
Yeah, that’s what you call a lucky escape!
Difficult words: trapped (not able to escape), incredible (unbelievable), literally (exactly), mere (only), clearance (clear space), railroad ties (support for the rails in railroad tracks), miraculous (something amazing happened), stub (hit), lucky escape (action of escaping danger narrowly).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos