Train Disaster in India – level 1
A train goes off the tracks in India. 36 people are dead. It happens at around midnight on Saturday. People are afraid that many passengers are trapped in the train. People try to get inside the broken train and help them.
Seven coaches are off the tracks. People do not know why the train goes off the tracks. About 50 passengers go to hospital.
India has the world’s third largest rail system. This system is big, but it needs repairs. Accidents like this happen sometimes.
Difficult words: tracks (a way for a train to travel), trap (be unable to leave somewhere because something is blocking the way), coach (one part of a train).
You can watch the video news in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.