Train from China to England – level 2
A train arrived in the UK from China after completing its 18-day trip. It became the first direct train from the Asian country to England. It carried 34 containers packed with mainly clothing and other goods.
The train travelled an amazing 7456 miles and went through Kazakhstan, Russia, Belarus, Poland, Germany, Belgium and France before it finally entered the UK.
People hope that the China railway train will become a cheap and time-saving way of transporting goods between China and the UK. The train is cheaper than travelling by air and faster than travelling by sea. People expect that the trains will travel every week because there is need for this kind of transporting.
A crowd was waiting to welcome this first, but definitely not last, train of its kind.
Difficult words: time-saving (spending less time), crowd (big group of people).
You can watch the video news in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos