Train hits a plane – level 2
On Sunday, a small plane flew from the Whiteman airport in Los Angeles, US. Then, the plane’s engine broke, so the plane stopped flying quickly. The pilot crash landed onto railroad tracks close to the airport.
Police officers arrived very quickly because the station was not far away. One officer called Metrolink, a company which ran the trains in the area. He asked the company to stop all trains. Another officer helped the pilot, who was still inside the plane, as he was injured.
Suddenly, bells and lights signaled that a train was coming. The police officers quickly pulled the man out, and they dragged him away. Seconds later, the train came and smashed the plane.
Local media said that the man was in hospital, but he did not have serious injuries. He was very lucky on that day.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.