Transgender People in Army – level 1
Transgender people do not feel happy in their bodies. Men feel like women. Women feel like men.
Some transgender people work in the army. It is very difficult for them. They must wear uniforms. A uniform is a certain type of clothing for a job. They must look different from what they feel.
Last year, the US government makes new rules for transgender people in the army. These people can work in the army. However, they must use the gender that they are born with. It means that when a person is born as a man, he must look like a man. He must wear a man’s uniform. There is a similar situation for women.
An army officer goes to court. She wins. She can choose her gender. She can choose the uniform. Her lawyers are happy. It can be a chance for all transgender people in the US army.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.