Trophies are stolen – level 3
CCTV has been released showing the moment thieves smashed through the doors of a Formula One team Red Bull Racing factory to steal 60 trophies.
Six men wearing balaclavas can be seen getting out of a 4×4 they used to reverse into the entrance at the factory in Milton Keynes on December 6th.
Armed with shovels and sledgehammers, the men grabbed trophies from the cabinet shelves before making a run for it. Thames Valley Police have said around 20 of the trophies were recovered after a member of the public spotted them dumped in a lake in Berkshire.
Red Bull staff were said to have been absolutely devastated by the theft of the trophies following years of work.
“It was a pointless crime. The value of which, you know, these trophies is minimal in terms of raw material, but the emotional value is huge, and it’d be great to see those trophies back in their rightful home here in Milton Keynes.”
Police are now appealing for anyone with information to contact them or Crime Stoppers.
Difficult words: smash (break), balaclava (type of clothing which covers your head and most of your face), 4×4 (a car that uses all four wheels to drive and so it can go many places), shovel (a tool for moving earth), sledgehammer (a large, heavy hammer), grab (to take quickly), make a run for it (to run away quickly), spot (to see), dump (to throw away), minimal (very small), in terms of (regarding/speaking of), emotional value (how important something is), Crime Stoppers (an organisation which helps stop crime).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.